Things which raised my eyebrow this morning in worship:
- The gospel of Mark begins in the wilderness with John the Baptist who is firing off like a roman candle exploding for a moment then burning out quickly.
- We listen to John the Baptist like we listen to flight attendants who give us life saving information about safety belts and exits.
- The was a young kid, Max, who had a plastic alligator on his head while he took communion.
- A little girl said to her dad while at the Communion rail just before we gave her communion, "I don't know what or understand." - Which I thought was amazingly honest response to communion.
- Who are we? (self-identify)
- Who is God calling us to be? (purpose)
- Who is our neighbor? (context)